Testimonials & Reviews, Craters & Freighters South Chicago
Craters & Freighters has over two decades of packaging, crating and shipping expertise.
Some Of Our Customers Testimonials:
I contracted with Craters & Freighters out of South Chicago, to crate and move a reproduction antique desk valued at about $8,000, for ultimate delivery in Gainesville, FL. The desk was located in Merrillville, IN, about a two-hour drive from Plainfield. Initially, Craters & Freighters felt that the desk was outside of their AOR, and advised me to contact another mover. The next day, however, Randy called me and told me he would make an exception, due to my need for a professional crating. He personally drove the two hours, and arrived at my 92 year-old mother’s house. He carefully unpacked the drawers of the desk and loaded the desk into his truck.
Here what I find so impressive:
1. The crating could not have been any better! The desk was first padded, then a thick cardboard layer, then Styrofoam. The crate was a perfect fit for the desk with all the layers, and was solid wood. I think this crate could have fallen from the roof of a building and still protect the desk.
2. I guessed at the desk’s size and weight, and Randy gave me an estimate based on this guess. The actual desk was really larger and much heavier than I estimated, but Randy stuck by his original price!
3. The fact that they actually took on the job, even though the desk was two hours away!
4. The local delivery agent, Estes Express Lines, was also fabulous. The driver arrived with a lift-gate semi-trailer, carefully off loaded the crated desk, and actually helped me get the crate onto my porch, out of the elements.
5. The courteousness and helpfulness of all involved was totally unexpected, and almost overwhelming.
Thank you, Craters and Freighters!
Frank P. Stagl
CAPT, USN (Ret)
"This is a note to say thank you for your very fun and friendly help to facilitate getting the iron (mangler) off to me here in NYC. Our altar cloths haven't looked this good since the time they all came off of such devices. I'm convinced as I got right to it when it was in place. It was a bit of a challenge to get the hang of it at first, but like everything else after a couple of pieces, I won't say pro (yet), but not bad."
Thank you again.
Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament
Bayside, New York
"Just a little note to say that the 26 pieces were received yesterday at 9:30 AM. The skidding was fantastic, and the packaging and crating was very nice. Thank you all so much for all your effort to make this go as smoothly as it did. We will definitely call your company again in the future should we have something in the Chicago or surrounding area. Once again, THANK YOU for a job WELL DONE."
Director of Inventory
"I just wanted to say thank you for the professional and courteous service I recently received. It was a pleasure to speak with Jackie as I continually called to ask if additional items could be added. I believe it was Joe and Jim who made the pick up on June 17, 2009. I did receive a note that they did pack my items. I was very happy with them and the wonderful packing they did as all items arrived undamaged."
I was very impressed by the professional manner of the drivers you sent, and the care they took to ensure the safety of our artwork. The paperwork was all in order, as well, so I'm feeling confident that this transaction will proceed as smoothly as it began."
I wanted to thank you so much again for making this process go smoothly for us! I'm thrilled at the end result and absolutely look forward to working with you again in the future! You are wonderful J Have an amazing rest of your week!”
Last Thursday the container arrived and we unloaded the contents. Everything arrived in perfect condition, nothing had moved, and we were very impressed by the standard of packing and obvious care which had gone into the whole consignment.
Please pass on our compliments to your staff for a high-quality job, and needless to say I will be pleased to use your services again when the time comes, and would be pleased to be a reference for other potential customers.”
Our thanks once again,
AC Pilmer Automatic Music Ltd